I've noticed every since the beta program for Nougat for the Nexus 6p that at a certain time during the day, no matter what automatic brightness setting you have your display set to, the screen will unfortunately automatically dim . I understand in the Nougat version on the Pixel that there's a nightlight mode but this isn't it. It's literally dimming the screen usually to almost unusable brightness levels. I've tried to adjust the brightness slider to half way, however unfortunately that doesn't seem to make the screen brighter at all. I've even tried t to pretty much "Max out" the brightness slider, however that will just burn out the battery excessively of course. My workaround for now has been to just go into the phones brightness settings and turn off automatic brightness mode and keep the slider at a very minimal level. I think it's got something t do to with the light sensor on the phone in conjunction with the beta software. Has anyone else experienced this at all? Thank you for any feedback!
    01-23-2017 02:57 PM
    I've been running Nougat since July, in beta and full release versions.
    I can't say I've noticed this, although I do believe the 6P's light sensor to be overly sensitive, especially in artificial light.
    01-23-2017 03:07 PM
    I've been running Nougat since July, in beta and full release versions.
    I can't say I've noticed this, although I do believe the 6P's light sensor to be overly sensitive, especially in artificial light.
    It does happen at specific times during the day. I know this may sound weird, however in the winter time, it's dims at ound 5 pm or so.When I put the phones light sensor directly under light, it'll brighten up, however, the second I take the light sensor away from the light, it automatically extremely dims out again. That's why i have a small workaround for the frustration, but still it's weird, frustrating, and odd.
    01-23-2017 03:12 PM