Google phone dialer app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
With the latest Google phone dialer app, has anyone noticed that when receiving a call, swiping down to reject the call is extremely frustrating? It barely works. There are other reviews in the Play store regarding it, and i also wrote a review and have uninstalled the latest update. If you revert back to the previous version, it still gives you the transparent background during a call, but when receiving a call, there's the easy answer or decline buttons. Just thought I'd let everyone know here. :cool:

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing, and not only with rejecting. If you don't swipe far enough it doesn't answer/reject.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing, and not only with rejecting. If you don't swipe far enough it doesn't answer/reject.

I agree. For me though, it's mostly the declining calls which is incredibly annoying and frustrating. For the simple action in the phone app of answering, rejecting, in my opinion, that's one gesture that SHOULDN'T be frustrating! I even remember 2 versions ago in the dialer app where the app would show you the basic info regarding a business during a call. I can deal without that; not a big deal.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's a tall task... they need to make a dialer app that is easy to use and functional, but also one that tries to eliminate as many of the dialer flubs that they can possibly squash.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I just don't see what's so "new and improved" with the latest version. Both versions have the transparent background, it's literally just the way you answer/reject a phone call. That's it. Everything else is identical. Obviously, if the swipe gesture were less frustrating, no one would be complaining about it. I've tried to "deal" with the answering and rejecting gesture, and thought it was just me, but thankfully, it's not just me.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
With the latest Google phone dialer app, has anyone noticed that when receiving a call, swiping down to reject the call is extremely frustrating? It barely works. There are other reviews in the Play store regarding it, and i also wrote a review and have uninstalled the latest update. If you revert back to the previous version, it still gives you the transparent background during a call, but when receiving a call, there's the easy answer or decline buttons. Just thought I'd let everyone know here. :cool:

Eric - how does one revert to the previous version? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21