A few days ago, I got the immovable "update available" notification. I looked and found out the update was for 7.0 Nougat- which sounded possibly good at first until I remembered my past history with LG phones and OTA updates slowly killing the phone (Optimus S- shouldn't run 2.3 but they pushed it, and made a bad phone worse; Viper 4G - problematic after 4.0 update; Tribute 2 - No updates, just problems)

Has anyone else with a Stylo 2 updated to 7.0 yet? Are there any minor or major glitches of any sort? I'd rather not take any blind chances again considering I can't easily replace this phone if it gets bricked or has consistent major issues
    02-21-2017 08:22 PM
    A few days ago, I got the immovable "update available" notification. I looked and found out the update was for 7.0 Nougat- which sounded possibly good at first until I remembered my past history with LG phones and OTA updates slowly killing the phone (Optimus S- shouldn't run 2.3 but they pushed it, and made a bad phone worse; Viper 4G - problematic after 4.0 update; Tribute 2 - No updates, just problems)

Has anyone else with a Stylo 2 updated to 7.0 yet? Are there any minor or major glitches of any sort? I'd rather not take any blind chances again considering I can't easily replace this phone if it gets bricked or has consistent major issues
    Hey, i just unboxed a virgin lg stylo its running ZV5 is there any hope to root MM or the nougat update?
    03-01-2017 04:25 PM
    IMO mm sucks as a reliable OS, so I'm updating to Nougat because from everything I've read it's not really any worse, and maybe if I get lucky it might even be slightly better. I doubt it though

Remember you'll have to do a factory reset after the upgrade to get your phone working right.... That's the Android way
    03-02-2017 06:33 AM