Getting the "menu" button in Nougat

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to be able to long hold the app switching button to access settings in some apps. After upgrading to Nougat, that starts split screen. Is there another way to activate the "menu"?

I think the app is probably designed wrong and should have the 3 dots to access the menu, but it doesn't. The app is Palmary weather.

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
As per this post, go to Settings → Accessibility → Dexterity and Interaction → and turn on Assistant Menu. This will add a floating button to the screen that you can press to reveal a menu containing the old Menu button.

Samsung also says "In certain applications, you can touch and hold the Recent Apps button to view the Menu options." This is probably limited to newer apps as well which is why it didn't work for you.

turf

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to assign a hard button, either long or short press, to the menu function in nougat, which is why I stay on marshmallow. It does not matter what phone you have from what I can tell. Even if you find an app that allows you to assign hard buttons to functions on a rooted phone, like all in one gestures, the menu function still does not work, as if it's no longer implementeable I have searched for a solution every couple of weeks since nougat was released with no success. I find the function very useful in some apps and critical in others, so looks like I am stuck with marshmallow.