After the recent update to 7.0 my droid turbo 2 seems slower especially Verizon messenger.
    03-07-2017 07:18 AM
    It turned my wife's Turbo 2 into a steaming pile of crap. Anyway to return in to Marshmallow?
    03-07-2017 01:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried a cache partition wipe? https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-droid-turbo-2
    03-07-2017 01:33 PM
    Wiping the cache partition would be the first step is take. Sometimes after major OS upgrades, also formatting the device, as painful as that might be, can work wonders.
    badcat, B. Diddy and J Dubbs like this.
    03-07-2017 01:46 PM
    My turbo 2 seems to be completely retarded. My keyboard, battery use, speed ,most apps on playstore can't be downloaded. IV hard reset,cleared cache everything but it's almost the most expensive paper weight I have. What else is there to do to get it right???
    03-08-2017 09:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could try repairing or reinstalling the firmware using Verizon's Software Repair Assistant.
    03-08-2017 11:03 PM
    When nougat is offered to my phone I'm going to read others experiences with it before jumping in. We'll be offered 7.0 which seems to be the buggiest version of nougat out there, and since I have a Moto/Lenovo phone I'm sure that'll be the only version I'm ever offered.

I'm no big fan of MM, but at least overall it works and gets killer battery life.... I refuse to go from bad to worse just because nougat is shiny and new.

My phone needs to be a phone first and foremost, not a beta test bed for Google 😕
    03-11-2017 05:23 AM
    When nougat is offered to my phone I'm going to read others experiences with it before jumping in. We'll be offered 7.0 which seems to be the buggiest version of nougat out there, and since I have a Moto/Lenovo phone I'm sure that'll be the only version I'm ever offered.

I'm no big fan of MM, but at least overall it works and gets killer battery life.... I refuse to go from bad to worse just because nougat is shiny and new.

My phone needs to be a phone first and foremost, not a beta test bed for Google
    Amen.

Mine needs to be a library for special nature/science apps, too. Don't need no socialization.
    03-11-2017 08:51 AM
    After the recent update to 7.0 my droid turbo 2 seems slower especially Verizon messenger.
    Clear out some messages.
    03-11-2017 01:28 PM

My phone needs to be a phone first and foremost, not a beta test bed for Google 😕
    Actually it's a beta test bed for Lenovo/Motorola. Once a manufacturer or carrier muck with it whatever happens is on them. They're the ones that tweak it to work on any given device.

Updates on my Nexus 5X have been just fine. All I've done is wipe the cache partition after each update. I'm on the beta now and it's working pretty well so far.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-11-2017 01:52 PM
    I have 7.0 on a Moto Z Play and Moto Z Force. Both phones work fine.

Just waiting for it on a G4 Plus.
    03-11-2017 02:42 PM
    I have 7.0 on a Moto Z Play and Moto Z Force. Both phones work fine.

Just waiting for it on a G4 Plus.
    I'm still waiting to see if I get it on my Droid Maxx 2. I'm hopeful but because Verizon is involved it might never happen.
    03-11-2017 02:49 PM
    Dont save messages. Switched from message+ to messages seems a little better but phone still a little off
    03-11-2017 03:59 PM
    Actually it's a beta test bed for Lenovo/Motorola. Once a manufacturer or carrier muck with it whatever happens is on them. They're the ones that tweak it to work on any given device.
    ^^^THIS.
    badcat likes this.
    03-11-2017 07:51 PM
    I have a Moto X Pure Edition, besides the Moto app it's pure Android Marshmallow.

I would hope Lenovo would honor that tradition by giving us pure nougat as well
    03-12-2017 05:26 AM
    I have a Moto X Pure Edition, besides the Moto app it's pure Android Marshmallow.

I would hope Lenovo would honor that tradition by giving us pure nougat as well 😮
    But it still is massaged by Lenovo/Motorola. The experience is close to pure Android, I'll grant you that but the code didn't come straight from Google.

Even on Nexus devices the code is optimised for each model. They all have different hardware requirements that mean different drivers at a minimum. And phones can have different features that are based on what hardware is available in the device.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Motorola. My Droid Maxx 2 is a pretty good phone and already got upgraded from Lollipop to Marshmallow. It went pretty smoothly and I didn't experience any issues. If it wasn't loaded with Verizon's bloatware I would like it even more. I still use it occasionally but prefer the bloat free Nexus.
    J Dubbs and B. Diddy like this.
    03-12-2017 07:38 AM
    Good points badcat, and well said. I just hope Lenovo does us right by nougat (fingers crossed)
    badcat likes this.
    03-13-2017 03:53 AM
    Good points badcat, and well said. I just hope Lenovo does us right by nougat (fingers crossed) 😋
    So do I. I really want Nougat on my Maxx 2! 😊
    J Dubbs likes this.
    03-13-2017 06:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried a cache partition wipe? https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-droid-turbo-2
    Followed your advice and it seems to have really sped up my phone's responsiveness. Thanks Diddy.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-16-2017 05:45 PM
    When I updated to Android 7, my rearward Camera quit working, Verizon Cloud Quit working too. I wiped my Turbo 2 and started fresh. Didn't help. I carried my phone to Verizon... They saw the problem and ordered me a new Turbo 2. It came on Marshmallow. Originally, when I updated my phone, I updated my wife's phone also. She has had no problems. My new phone missed the update, and I get the message that my phone is up to date... Starting to wonder if I will ever get the update?
    03-19-2017 10:34 PM
    Nougat and/or Google Assistant have not been happy updates for my Verizon Droid Turbo 2, either: Slower performance, response lags/hangs, background app crashes, device heating up, daily reboots needed.

This is on a new DT2 received in Feb with MM preinstalled, and mostly mainstream apps. System cache clear seemed to help initially but then things degraded​ again over a few weeks.

Also disappointing that Moto Voice cannot invoke Google Assistant from screen off.
    04-20-2017 06:24 PM