Nexus 6 US TMobile stopped getting system updates after installing Nougat

lemon40

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 on TMobile. I bought it unlocked and put the TMobile SIM in it back in 2015. After Nougat came out, I was frustrated that I wasn't getting the OTA update. I eventually signed up for Google's Beta thing so that I could get Nougat. After I did that, I saw the thing pop up telling me that Nougat is ready for installation. So I let it install, and everything is good.
Except, I have yet to get any more updates now. I tried leaving the beta test group and rejoining and it doesn't seem to matter, I just never have any system updates. All of my apps update just fine though and everything else seems to be working good.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

-d

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The only practical option is either sideloading the OTAs or flashing the full factory images. My experience (N6 on T-Mobile) was exactly the same as yours. And there seem to be plenty of other people in the same boat. Because no one is offering up any explanations, no one knows if this lack of OTAs is the result of a Google-induced problem or a carrier-induced issue. And I very much doubt that any of the likely candidates is going to become any more forthcoming anytime soon.

It's worth pointing out, though, that I've read similar complaints over the past 5 months from people on Sprint, ATT & Fi. It seems like only Pixel owners on Verizon are still receiving timely updates; the N6 has pretty much been on everybody's s***list since October.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if I go back on the Beta through google if that one will push through?
I wouldn't bother with the beta program any longer, but that's because I suspect that beta program enrollment is implicated in this OTA michegas. I have nothing to back that up, though--just suspicions.

If I were you I'd wait until Google re-releases the March factory image that they took down last night since that update apparently corrected the speakerphone echo problem. Mind you, even if they do correct the problem that was blocking Android Pay on stock/locked phones in N6F26U, there's no guarantee they won't screw up something else, but what else is new, eh?

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on my nexus 6 after updating to Nougat but then the screen cracked and while still usable I purchased a 6P - problem with 6P no flash player so certain videos won't play had no trouble with videos with my nexus 6
I am with Consumer Cellular Prior to Nougat I would get updates regularly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles