Looking for FM Radio App Compatible With Android Auto

Clif001

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for an FM radio app (ala NextRadio) that's compatible with Android Auto. In other words shows up in the music list and sounds through Bluetooth.

So far all I seem to find are radio streaming when what I'm actually looking for is an app that utilizes the FM chip in my Samsung Galaxy S7.

TIA. :)

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an FM radio app (ala NextRadio) that's compatible with Android Auto. In other words shows up in the music list and sounds through Bluetooth.

So far all I seem to find are radio streaming when what I'm actually looking for is an app that utilizes the FM chip in my Samsung Galaxy S7.

TIA. :)
....Why not use the car's FM radio?

And most (if not all) require a headset plugged in as it uses the headset cable as an antenna.

Clif001

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Glad you asked...

I use my GPS a lot and the voice won't come thru the sound system if anything other than Bluetooth is selected. On my old phone (S5) I had a setting in the navigation that allowed the GPS voice to play through the phone speaker, but my new S7 doesn't have that setting.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Also - is the FM radio enabled on the S7? If it's not, an FM radio app wouldn't help.

Clif001

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Also, I am aware of the headphone/antenna requirement. It's the way NextRadio works, but they do have a setting to allow the radio to play through the speaker even with headphones plugged in.

Clif001

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Is there an FM radio app in the Samsung app store?
Sorry about the delay.

I looked in the Samsung Store (search: fm radio), but the first few were all for streaming. I wish there were a specific search that would only return those apps that utilize the FM chip in the phone.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you contacted the NextRadio devs to see if there's something they can do to get AndroidAuto to recognize their app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21