I want to disable reminders for certain notifications such as outlook gmail but i want text reminders and calendar reminders. I have an htc 10 running noughat
    03-11-2017 07:25 PM
    Settings... Notifications.. Advanced notifications...
    There you can control notifications individually
    03-11-2017 07:55 PM
    Heres the thingn I still want the notifications i just dont want the reminders thank you for your help if i turn off notifications will i still get the push notification i just dont want the sound on most notifications

For example I get a reminder every 5 minutes for all notifications with a different sound i just dont want to get these reminders.
    03-11-2017 08:11 PM
    I think we need to clarify what you are seeing and what you want.

In a calendar app, you get a reminder at x minutes before a scheduled event. This reminder is presented as a notification. When this reminder is shown, you have the option of "snoozing" the notification for n minutes or dismissing the reminder.

Other apps have notifications, usually when something happens, like a new message arriving. When this happens, the notification plays a sound and/or vibrates; maybe it displays a visual text box. Which of these three things that happen is dependent on the settings in the individual app causing the notification.
    For some apps, that is the end of the notification process.
    For other apps, the app can be set to repeat the sound and/or text notification every n seconds/minutes until the notification is actually interacted with.

There is no generic handling of the notifications beyond show or not show.

Which apps are given you unwanted results?
    What are the notification abilities of each app?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    03-11-2017 11:32 PM
    You might also want to check under Settings > Accessibility > Notification Reminder to see if any of your apps are set to repeat notifications.
    03-13-2017 01:15 AM