Voice Input Key missing (Standard Keyboard) Android 7.0

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I have enabled google voice typing but can't get the microphone key (voice input key) to appear on my android 7.0 AOSP keyboard.

I've gone through all the settings in ' Language and Input ' with no luck.

How do I make it appear?

Thanks

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I don't even know what a AOSP keyboard is and I don't know what a COS is. My Swiftkey keyboard has a microphone symbol. If I'm on a Google keyboard I click on the keyboard symbol and choose Voice Input. Here's a thread from another site with posts from people who do know what AOSP and COS are.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/google-keyboard-vs-aosp-keyboard.445541/

There are a lot of other links on Google if you search "AOSP keyboard"

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I know what it is too, but it still doesn't solve the problem I'm having. I'm not interested in installing alternatives.. I just want to get the existing keyboard to work correctly.

Easy Rider1

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I know what it is too, but it still doesn't solve the problem I'm having. I'm not interested in installing alternatives.. I just want to get the existing keyboard to work correctly.

Did this ever get figured out. I just updated to 7.0 and i'm in the same situation and really want to find the fix. Did they leave the mic button out by mistake?

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi Easy Rider, I've scoured the internet for an answer to this and it seems that nobody knows! Very frustrating.
I have the Blackview BV6000, not sure what phone you have but if it's another phone this problem may be specific to Android 7.

I emailed the supplier of the phone and they said that there is no microphone on their keyboard either, despite setting the correct settings.

If I find any answers I'll post it, but I'm sure someone out there will know before then.

Mario DCruz

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey Svetlana, like you I went crazy looking for the setting to get a microphone icon on the virtual keypad.
The 2 virtual keypads offered on Nougat don't have theMicrophone icon.That's because neither of them are the same as the previous keyboard. You can get the old keyboard back by going to Google play, Find, Download and install Gboard. (Don't worry, It's not an alternative it's actually the keyboard from the previous version). Once You have done that it will be available as a 3rd option in your list of available virtual keyboards, select it and all will be like before:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech