SMS sending as MMS

chloe_xox

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I updated my Samsung galaxy 7 edge yesterday. And now when I send or receive long text messages they turn into mms messages.

So instead of the messages being in one message, it shows the first few lines and I think have to click on a button saying "view all" which takes me into a new screen with the entire message. To reply I then have to go back into the thread.

Does anyone know how to fix this so that the messages show in the thread? It is driving me insane.

Thank you in advance.
Chloe.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's sending as an MMS? I thought that when an overlong SMS is converted to MMS, that's when it shows as one whole message. Could it be that your messages are actually still sending as a string of connected SMS messages, and the View All button is meant to show that whole string?

Go to the main screen of the Messaging app, tap Menu (or More)>Settings, and look for an option that says something like "Auto-convert SMS to MMS," and make sure it's on.

chloe_xox

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am fairly sure that I am.

This is what it looks like

5e6f407ac589c3d9537e8204ce6db1ab.jpg

Unfortunately there are no settings like that at all.

Thank you.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which SMS app are you using?

There seems to be lots of complains about the new update to Android 7's default SMS app regarding this new "view all" feature.

Daniel Barrett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like it for about the first couple hours, but I quickly realized I didn't need to read my own messages, I read them while I typed them. Now I kind of like it because my own message doesn't make the entire conversation more difficult to read