How to disable emergency notifications in Nougat?

A

AC Question

Everything I find says to tap "more" under network settings, then tap another button who's name I forget. I don't have that button on my phone.

I'm tired of getting Amber alerts from hundreds of miles away, and notifications that it's raining heavily.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
On my Nexus 6P (you don't say what device you have, it may matter), they dumped that setting in the Sound section of Settings.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Galaxy S7 edge. Can someone give me a step by step hand on where I would go to disable these notifications?

snotnose

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Phone is an LG X Power. I've been through all the settings screens, including sound, and can't find that page anywhere.

Please don't tell me LG has decided to disable my disabling of crap I don't want.

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings menu, then select More option,from here tap on Emergency Broadcasts option at bottom of the screen,then disable the option " Turn On Notifications"...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
None of this works on the S7E. But I did find it. This information, however, may be specific to S7E on Verizon.

Go to Settings>Privacy and Emergency>Emergency Alerts>(three dots on upper right of screen)settings>alert types and here you can turn different types of emergency alerts on or off. The only one you can't disable is "Presidential Alerts."

They really buried this so it's far from easy to find. But that should do it for those of you on Verizon with an S7E.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay