Direct dial widget doesn't automatically dial

Mystel Reynolds

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I just got the LG K20, running nougat, and the direct dial widget doesn't dial automatically. When I push it, it takes me to the call screen and I have to push call for it to call out. I've searched everywhere and don't see this question. Is it the phone? Is it nougat? Can I fix it? Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's definitely not a Nougat thing, because Direct Dial works like it always has on my Nexus 6P. Does this happen for any Direct Dial widget you create, or only for certain contacts?

rajthampi

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my new LG V20 device. After reading a lengthy discussion @ Verizon support site, it looks like a software bug with LG's launcher. My phone has the latest security patch (Arp 2017), hence I have to wait for another software update.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have that with my Moto XPE. I assumed it's because I won't put contacts in Google's contacts.

You can check your Google account dashboard to see what is what. The Nexus is a Google phone, so it probably does link automatically. Does LG have it's own version of some apps?
I have friends that HATE Google and it wouldn't be fair to backdoor them.

I still have 6.0. Debating if I even want 7.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here with my MXPE, unless I read some REALLY good reviews about nougat on my phone I'm staying with mm. I'm not a big fan of it but it still sounds way better than nougat.

Android seems to be a mess anymore
:-(

Mikie Kyes

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed that problem on my V20 from T-Mobile, plus I loaded Nova launcher right off the bat, much smoother experience

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I had similar problem v20 till I realized 2 numbers were for same contact name and had to choose. Just a thought

mrswaterborne

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
I have an LGG5 and i am having the exact same problem as mystel. To answer b.diddy's question yes, it hapens with every direct dial contact widget i create. Please help!

Tom Scaglione

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same problem and need a fix. All my previous Direct Dial Widgets still work but any new ones don't, they just open the dial screen and I need to then hit dial.

kiake75

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have to tap on the screen 3x to direct dial. Once on the number once to move the screen up to see the call tab amd then once on the actually phone tab.