• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
    When I view my lock screen, the active notifications show the associated app on the first line, then below that the message "Unlock to see sensitive notification"

The problem is, apparently everything is deemed 'sensitive', including things such as the temp/conditions from my WeatherBug app. On the app-level notification settings, my only options for the "On the lock screen" setting are "Hide sensitive only" and "Hide all notifications". If there was either another option to "Show all notifications" at the app-level settings, or a way to control what is considered 'sensitive', that should let me change it, but I cannot find either. Am I missing a setting?
    pkguy323 likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:57 AM
    Same here...
    05-21-2017 08:09 AM
    Think I'm misunderstanding your question but I've never had any problems seeing all the notifications on my lockscreen. Mine show the notification for the app plus the actual message or content of the notification. I get this for all of mine
    05-21-2017 08:20 AM
    I'm sure there's a setting buried somewhere that you may find eventually... prolly about the time you get a new phone.

It's ridiculous how many settings Android has and how non-user friendly they are :-(
    05-21-2017 08:26 AM
    Here's the 1st app I picked from the Apps Settings. I've got 3 choices
    Attached Thumbnails Notification details on Lock screen (LG G6 / Nougat)-13751.jpg  
    05-21-2017 09:15 AM
    Okay, I've got this figured out now...

Originally my phone had the 'Notifications / General settings to "Hide Sensitive Only". With that set, then on the Apps notification screen / lock screen, there are only 2 choices: "Hide sensitive only" and "Hide all notifications". If you go back to Notifications / General and change that setting to "Show all notifications", then on the Apps settings lock screen you get the third option of "Show all notifications".

Out of frustration I had changed the general setting to show everything, and didn't think to go back and check the individual app settings to see if the options had changed. I don't know if this is a bug, or if it's purposely done so we occasionally feel as if we're losing our minds. LOL They should also change the "Hide sensitive only" option to just "Hide all", since I've yet to find any app notification that isn't deemed 'sensitive'.
    dov1978 and J Dubbs like this.
    05-21-2017 02:14 PM
    I had the same problem (LG G5/Nougat) and found my solution in the "Lock Screen" portion of the Settings app. Kept banging my head against the wall looking in Notifications --> App Notifications and so forth, all in vain. Now that I've found the toggle, I guess it makes sense... My Lock Screen Notification settings were somehow set to "Show sensitive only", which I've now changed to "show all".

Woulda been nice though if LG Nougat had the option to change this toggle in both in App Notifications as well as Lock Screen Notifications. Small price to pay though for not holding a $1000 Apple "innovation" in my hands ;-)
    12-13-2017 09:24 PM