Google App Not Working

Nick Monreal

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge running Nougat on Verizon and I believe this trouble began after their last patch about three weeks ago.

I have the Google search bar widget right on my home screen. Recently it stopped letting me hit the Android equivalent of "enter" after I've typed my inquiry. I'll type the whole thing and then can't hit search, and it's really getting to me. I have to copy and paste what I've just typed into the Chrome app where it allows me to hit enter. Additionally, while this problem is active, my Google Now cards don't show up.

I have found a temporary fix, and it's extremely temporary. If I delete all storage for the Google app in the App Manager, I am able to skip the Google Now activation the next time I search and it works again. Problem is, with Google Now not activated, I can't set reminders with the Google app and my voice which is hugely important to me with my crap memory.

So I am forced to activate it again to set a reminder, then to delete my storage again a few minutes later when search stops working again, and on and on and on. Save me.

PS - I am using SwiftKey Keyboard and will check if the problem persists using the native keyboard after posting this.

pesaem

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Same problem for me on older Galaxy S4 Android 5.0.1. Just started a few days ago, about 4/20 or so. Restart clears it up but then problem comes back. Not sure what steps cause it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12