Condensed notifications since new Galaxy s6 update

Gregor X

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
On the pulldown, I can only see notification numbers in groups now, ex. "Gmail 2 notifications" instead of setting the actual notification. If I have to click on it to open them all up to see them, there's little point in having them on the pill so own menu I may as well go directly to the app every hour.

Can someone tell me how set the device to show them expanded? So I can at least see the full header and a little info?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On my Nexus 6P, swiping down a little on the bundled notification expands it so that I can see each individual notification within that bundle. Does that work on your S6 as well?

Gregor X

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes, if I touch it it expands. But if I have to physically open every notification group to see the header that's a real pain. Additionally, it doesn't even bundle then by app, but but time. So this morning there was 5 different bundles of Gmail notifications to open. I get a ton of email so this is going to make seeing what and what not to open allot harder.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. The only time I get different "bundles" of Gmail notifications is if I have new email in different accounts (I have 5 total syncing on my device), I get a bundle for each account.

I very much like the way this works on my Nexus 6P (maybe Samsung chose to modify this?) as it allows interaction with each new message for delete, reply or swipe-away.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. The only time I get different "bundles" of Gmail notifications is if I have new email in different accounts (I have 5 total syncing on my device), I get a bundle for each account.

I very much like the way this works on my Nexus 6P (maybe Samsung chose to modify this?) as it allows interaction with each new message for delete, reply or swipe-away.
My moto works the same as you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463