NOUGAT for Galaxy S6 Edge

Mohamad Ferej

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Why is my Galaxy S6 Edge not getting Nougat Android. My friends have the same operator (Comviq in Sweden) and they have all received Nougat.
I have Android 6.0.1 but my device is telling that it has the latest version when I check SW Status.
How can I resolve this issue?

Mohamad Ferej

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I purchased my phone in Spain. It wasnt carrier locked. I am using the phone in Swden and/or Iraq with Comviq and/or Asia cell. My friends have the same phone type and using the same operatore and they have received Nougat.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the exact model number of the phone? There are always several different variants of Samsung phones, and it's possible that you don't have the same variant as your friends.

Also, when you say it wasn't carrier locked, do you mean that it was originally "carrier-agnostic," or could it have originally been intended for a carrier, but was later unlocked? The reason I ask is because phones that were intended for a carrier typically need to be on that carrier's network to receive an official system update over the air.

Mohamad Ferej

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I dont want to flash my device. Smarswitch is mainly used to transfer data from an old device to a new one. I dont have an old device. I have had my S6 Edge for more than 2 years now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't. The link is not opening! Can Ivtrust this site or any other site to download Android instead of automatic update?

SamMobile is well-regarded -- it's not a shady site. That forum page does have a number of screenshots that require you to register on SamMobile, but you don't really need to see the screenshots in order to do the whole process. Smart Switch does more than just transfer data from old devices to new ones -- as the post mentions, it will also update a device's firmware, if available.

Here's the download link for Smart Switch: Samsung Smart Switch App

Mohamad Ferej

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you fot your response. I do have Smart Switch app on my device. I assume you mean that I have to find the SW on Internet, download it to another device i.e laptop or a tablet then use Smart Switch to transfer the SW file to my phone using Smart Switch!
Unfortunatly I couldn't find the Android for my modell. Most probably I need to wait a few more weeks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084