Hi there,

I'm running Android 7.0 (Nougat), on an HTC One M9.

I sync contacts with my Outlook People account (outlook.live.com) - which have been working (almost) fine for over a year.

But no longer
    . due to syncing issues (sync error for 15 days ), I deleted the account and tried to re-create it;
    . but now, the Outlook account no longer appears in the the list of accounts ("manage accounts")
    . if I try to add an Outlook account (+, Outlook.com, Live.com service), Android tells me there is already an existing account(!!)and won't add a new one

Hence my questions :
    . is it possible to re-install 7.0 ? (the same way as installing a new update - although the systems tellms me 'there is no new update available") - that may allow me to start from scratch this Outlook account management;
    . does anyone sync with Outlook ? did you encounter this issue ? any remedy ?

Thank you so much !
    05-19-2017 03:59 AM
    My outlook account shows as corporate. I however don't sync contacts or calendar. Do you maybe need to get an app password from Outlook?
    05-19-2017 11:38 AM
    Thanks, KBZ1960.

Sure, I put in my ID & password from Live/Outlook : it worked until recently, but no longer does.

Bug somewhere I guess, but wonder where / what remedy / re-install I should implement...
    05-22-2017 12:42 PM
    Thanks, KBZ1960.

Sure, I put in my ID & password from Live/Outlook : it worked until recently, but no longer does.

Bug somewhere I guess, but wonder where / what remedy / re-install I should implement...
    The same started happening to me too. I can't sync outlook.com contacts via exchange server anymore. A shame since the outlook.com android app is useless when it comes to contact sync. I mean who builds and app they claims to sync contacts but doesn't let you add or edit contacts.
    05-26-2017 04:42 AM
    Dang. Is contacts the only issue?
    05-29-2017 05:37 AM
    Hi Guy's, I hope someone can provide me with a answer. Coming from a Windows 10 Mobile platform I just got my first Android device ever. As I am evaluating this I think I am running into the problem discussed here.
    Is it true that the current Microsoft Outlook App doesn't sync your Outlook contacts to the device? And the current Gmail App uses IMAP. So, how do I get my contacts listed on my device?
    I have a 1+ 3T device running Android 7.1.1
    06-02-2017 03:38 PM
    Hey, article about this very issue on Thurrott. Somewhat solved, apparently.

As important, you can now save new and edited contacts to the default contacts app on your phone. Meaning that this information will show up in phone and text alerts.

“Due to the underlying capabilities of iOS and Android, Outlook provides a one-way push of contact information from Outlook to your phone,” the company explains. “Newly added contacts and changes made in Outlook will sync to your built-in Contacts app. However, edits made in the contacts app will not sync back to Outlook or your email service.” So there’s still room for improvement.

https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/1176...ok-android-ios
    06-07-2017 12:00 PM
    I was able to get my contacts to sync over using the nine app and using my account on the exchange server
    06-14-2017 03:30 AM