pros and cons of installing another country firmware

salomao koch

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
hello, I have a galaxy a5 (2016) model SM-A510F and from de beginning of the month (may 2017) this smartphone started to get android 7.0 nougat update in Russia and now is on some other countries like India and Italy.
I live in Portugal and I don't know when is the update hitting portugal, shouldn't take too long but I'm so exited to update my phone that I can't wait.. so I'd like to know more less the pros and cons of installing maybe Russian or Italy firmware via keys on my labtop
also I'm not rooted and I'd like to know if my device will still get the monthly security check and if it does, does it get monthly security patch of portugal or the country i installed?
I think this are all my questions, sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I'm not so sure I would suggest that. The default language would most likely be whatever ROM you flash it to. There may also be Play store restrictions due to the region you flash.

At least for the U.S., flashing a different carrier ROM can potentially brick the device. The same thing may be said here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae