I had previously posted a thread regarding battery drain on my s7 edge

Since then i solved it by wiping it clean, starting from scratch and slowly adding apps/services.

I've been getting awesome turned off gsam of 0.6% per hour drain at night and maybe 1% to 1.5 at worst during the day..

Today i activated and opted into the google app options..

Now at work i'm seeing wifi never sleeping or rarely sleeping (coincidence?).. and an overall drain of 2-5% per hour during the day.

Could the wifi etc be caused by the google app somehow?

Anyone ran into this

Thanks in advance
    05-24-2017 03:11 PM
    That seems to be a common problem with Google services on nougat.....and appears to be a big part of the nougat battery drain issues :-(
    05-25-2017 05:46 AM
    Check to see if all the services are syncing correctly. On one of my phones Contacts wouldn't sync properly and was stuck in a loop sucking up my battery. Turning off sync for Contacts fixed it and for whatever reason I could still sync manually.
    05-25-2017 10:20 AM
    Check to see if all the services are syncing correctly. On one of my phones Contacts wouldn't sync properly and was stuck in a loop sucking up my battery. Turning off sync for Contacts fixed it and for whatever reason I could still sync manually.
    Ill check for that, but not sure where you would see this indicated as ongoing..

However.. i'm nearly certain my battery drain started as soon as i opened the google app.. opted in to all the "cool features".. it doesnt always show up in gsam as google or google services using wake locks, i think it gets mixed into the android system and the kernel for wake lock usage instead.

If i disable google app, google framework services.. things settle down.
    05-25-2017 10:48 AM
    If I remember correctly my battery usage showed Google Services eating the battery. What I did to check it was I went into Accounts, selected Google, and it showed a list of what is being synced by Google. The contacts section showed a circular arrow I believe and some text that indicated it wasn't syncing. I turned off the contact sync and the problem went away.

I'm not saying this is your issue. It's just an easy thing to check. Maybe the app is causing it. I don't use a lot of those features myself.
    05-25-2017 04:01 PM
    I haven't updated to Nougat but I had a problem with the Google App, if I remember rightly. This was running Marshmallow. I cured the battery drain problem by turning 'Your feed' off in Settings.
    badcat likes this.
    05-25-2017 04:26 PM