Tracking app like Life360 but with tablet support?

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
We use Life360 to track each other's cell phone (but with Location set to "battery saving" so it's not super-accurate but good enough most of the time).

We'd like better accuracy without having to change Location settings each time one of us gets in and out of the car.

I have a couple of tablets (on the data plan) that I am considering leaving in our vehicles for this purpose (plugged in, with GPS enabled), but Life360 doesn't support tablets.

Can anyone suggest an app that allows tracking of tablets?

I looked at Google+, but that doesn't seem to make it easy to track (wife wants it to be easy). Life360 is perfect, other than it doesn't support tablets.

Thanks.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just checked Life360's Play Store comments; it seems that recent updates have really caused a lot of issues.

At any rate, I track my wife's location in Google Maps - just tap the hamburger menu at top right and then Share Location to set it up on both phones.

Perfect? No. Pretty good/useful? Yes.

PS: No, I don't keep track of her for nefarious reasons, but I do often cook dinner and it helps greatly to know about how far along she is on her nightly commute. Also, she has to attend business meetings and seminars a couple of evenings a month in towns 30 or more miles from home and I feel better knowing that I can see where she is on these late night drives, especially during winter months.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll check out Google Maps, thanks. It looks like that's a new feature.

I take Play Store reviews with a ton of salt, and in my experience Life360 has been pretty good (other than it doesn't support tablets). It gives a notification when either of us arrives at or leaves home or work, but for the purpose of "where is she now?" Google Maps looks like it might work.

And yeah, I'm no stalker either, but it is helpful to know where the other half is sometimes.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll check out Google Maps, thanks. It looks like that's a new feature.

It had been a part of Google Now, but was moved to Maps last year - possibly with the release of Nougat or around that time. I think I liked it better before, but that's just personal preference (I am not a fan of gratuitous change :) ).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos