Push Notifications and Google Play Updates not functioning

bruce988jl

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello All
I have a Galaxy S7 running on verizon networks.
The problem I'm having is over the last week I stopped getting push notifications from apps such as facebook messenger, gmail, my alarm clock app etc and nothing really changed on the phone except for an update on May 24th, 2017. In addition to the lack of notifications I noticed that google play which is set to manually update will download an update but it'll queue there until I close the play store and then it'll install the app. Currently I'm going in a repeating cycle of letting it download and install a few apps, killing the google play store then letting it download and install a few more - rinse and repeat.

I noticed that if I turn off the phone and turn it back on I'll get all the push notifications I have missed when it syncs back up and it'll be good for a few hours but then reverts back to notifications now pushing through.

Things I have tried:
Cleared the data/cache on the google play store, google play services and google play services for inst... which included force stopping them.

I also tried the reset app preferences which I think did more harm to all my other apps than anything.

I have checked for restricted background data or network data restriction options and all of those are disabled.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I have plenty of memory on my phone and on the SD card so I'm at a loss of what's going on. I do have majority of the apps that can be transferred to the SD card running on the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan