LG G5 android 7.0 problem

pontypool

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem where changes I make disappear on restart, which includes apps I add to,folders, when I restart, they will be removed from folders, but still installed. It only sometimes happens,,and not 100% of changes are affected.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The link works for me.

Drag down the notification bar and tap the Settings icon at the top-right.
Tap General >Storage & USB. (If using List view, scroll down to 'DEVICE' and tap Storage).
Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
Tap Cached data, then tap YES.
Wait for the cached data to clear; depending on size it will take several seconds to complete.
When the wipe is complete, the storage screen refreshes and cached data will not be listed. This means your our cached data has been successfully cleared.

I see you had some help. Let us know if that corrects the problem.

pontypool

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't see cache data as described, but underneath I could see " other users" which btw is a family member. I cleared this cache instead, however, it didn't disappear, it just re calculated, with a smaller size. I'm going to try the other method, someone else gave me aswell and report back with the result.

pontypool

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't see cache data as described, but underneath I could see " other users" which btw is a family member. I cleared this cache instead, however, it didn't disappear, it just re calculated, with a smaller size. I'm going to try the other method, someone else gave me aswell and report back with the result.
b012830f70bcdac31f4ea5f833995de8.jpg

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Try this.

First of all, power off your device: press and hold the Power key for a few moments, or press the Power key once and the select “power off”.
Wait a few seconds while the shut down process is being completed.
Now press and hold (at the same time) the Power and the Volume Down buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed on your G5.
Next, release the buttons for only a moment and then press them again.
Now, keep pressing the buttons until the recovery mode menu is displayed.
In recovery use Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll up and down and the Power key to select your option.
You can go back to Android OS by selecting the Reboot option.
Note: if you can’t get it right from your first attempt, don’t panic; just repeat the process until you are successful.

Armyscout

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Wipe cash lol get a new phone hate mine why it was free prob memory gone add 32 gig card all good but Motorola soon to be never buy lg again

pontypool

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Try this.

First of all, power off your device: press and hold the Power key for a few moments, or press the Power key once and the select “power off”.
Wait a few seconds while the shut down process is being completed.
Now press and hold (at the same time) the Power and the Volume Down buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed on your G5.
Next, release the buttons for only a moment and then press them again.
Now, keep pressing the buttons until the recovery mode menu is displayed.
In recovery use Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll up and down and the Power key to select your option.
You can go back to Android OS by selecting the Reboot option.
Note: if you can’t get it right from your first attempt, don’t panic; just repeat the process until you are successful.
That simply does not work.
I have no trouble pressing them exactly the same time, the same procedure is used to take screenshots.

I have restarted, while keeping both power and volume down pressed until it arrives at the enter pin screen, I have restarted while keeping both the power and volume key down until the logo appeared, then released, then presses both power and volume down key again and kept them pressed until, once again, the enter pin screen appears.

Likewise, I performed the above actions only this time completely powering down and then powering up, by pressing simultaneously power and volume down.
It simply does not work.

pontypool

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't know what to add. Those are supposed to be device specific instructions. I have never had issues getting into recovery on any device I've owned.

Just to be clear, you are powering the phone down first then restarting by holding power and volume down, right?

Here's a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3AYkLdwCc
Yes powering down, then doing exactly what I do to take a screenshot (just so you know I don't have any difficulty pressing Power and volume down ) I saw my friend have difficult taking a screenshot this way, as he wasn't pressing them the same time, so I wanted to make sure you know I take screenshots using the same process and found it easy.

Definitley not starting into the bootloader, although once or twice it started in safe mode.

Btw when I cleared the cache from settings / storage. This didn't fix the problem. I have apps grouped into folders to make them easy to find and don't know why some are still disappearing, also my multi clipboard (LG g5 has a multiple clipboard which you can open and close multiple items to paste) but even some deleted items here are reappearing, but it's very tedious.

I specifically chose the LG g5 as I commute so I can swap out batteries, but this issue adds repetitive tasks, as i have to again locate apps from the app Drawer as they again disappear from my folders where I could easily find them.

pontypool

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've done this. I don't know what else to say / do. As stated above I've been very thorough about this, it just won't work. I've started in safe mode but that's all that happens.

Armyscout

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I've done this. I don't know what else to say / do. As stated above I've been very thorough about this, it just won't work. I've started in safe mode but that's all that happens.
Yu have to go through each app to see which ones if I'm safe mode just apps ce with phone running if not them then a download a virus or bug Yu try avcach partition removing cash doesn't temove it a partition does

Alot of Moto g 4 Moto and x krrps wiping out contacts I lost over 20 perscent of mine they saying a bug and nothing so far they or we can do I couldn't even import mine dam Facebook usual update I usually get all or some back not sure why I think old andtoide when Yu scam the first one then second the there Yu just leave aemory trail that sometimes kicks back on when Yu update messenger fb who knows duo apps that hold the same they just go virtual a ND reappear wothine not sure how but yes I've seen that happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo