All of my chargers including OEM chargers don't always work. device dings charging not charging repeatedly. Case charger no longer works, thinks VR goggles are connected & opens app. Sometimes when I unplug charging cable, phone keeps dinging as if I'm plugging in a charging cord over and over.

Tech at my local mall Verizon store says Samsung is aware of issues and a newer patch will be released. Is this true, or am I screwed and need to shop for another phone?
    06-17-2017 09:49 AM
    You could try a cache clear in settings or recovery to see if that helps.
    06-17-2017 10:15 AM
    You could try a cache clear in settings or recovery to see if that helps.
    Yea, I did that already. twice... still no help. It's a shame cause I love this device.
    06-17-2017 12:33 PM
    Have you tried a reset?
    06-17-2017 04:05 PM
    No, after I took it to verizon and they said a "Patch" was coming out and they were aware of the issue, I've just been dealing with it. But, it's getting old.
    06-18-2017 05:05 PM
    A reset may not help in this instance anyway. Not sure what else to suggest aside from reflashing a stock ROM.
    06-19-2017 07:29 PM
    I'm to the point where I'm thinking about replacing phone, I live on my phone at work, for conducting all types of tasks. Charging issues are driving me nuts. Have you heard anything about 7.0 damaging s6 edge plus before?

I thought I was good till I came home to charge before I went back to work for a meeting & ding ding charging issues. Unplugged it & it dinged over and over as if there was a wire still in it.....sigh
    06-19-2017 07:38 PM
    Have you heard anything about 7.0 damaging s6 edge plus before?
    I don't recall hearing anything like this before. Do you live close to a Best Buy with a Samsung center? They may be able to reflash the stock ROM for you.
    06-20-2017 11:08 AM
    Great Idea, 5 min away... thanks for the help. The only downfall from going to BB is getting my sticky hands on another phone, like the LG G6..... sigh
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-20-2017 11:25 AM
    A reset may not help in this instance anyway. Not sure what else to suggest aside from reflashing a stock ROM.
    So, I took your advice and went to BB. Spoke with two very helpful Samsung techs. My edge + had a damaged charging port. This is the second time I was going to need to get it replaced under warranty for a charging issue. I'm not sure at all how it got damaged. I'm very annal about my phone and take extremely good care of it. The port gets cleaned once a week with forced air to remove dust.

I so appreciated your time to help me with my issue. I get extreme anxiety when I have issues with my phone. I'm an administrator in my local PD and rely of stability and reliability of my device. I need a work horse. Since this was the second time and the phone is 2years old. I was concerned the value was going to go down again. So I traded it in.

I received $185 for the phone & got the LG G6 for $20 a month. I've done a decent amount of research & I think it will suit my needs...... Fingers Crossed
    06-21-2017 09:32 AM
    So, I took your advice and went to BB. Spoke with two very helpful Samsung techs. My edge + had a damaged charging port. This is the second time I was going to need to get it replaced under warranty for a charging issue. I'm not sure at all how it got damaged. I'm very annal about my phone and take extremely good care of it. The port gets cleaned once a week with forced air to remove dust.

I so appreciated your time to help me with my issue. I get extreme anxiety when I have issues with my phone. I'm an administrator in my local PD and rely of stability and reliability of my device. I need a work horse. Since this was the second time and the phone is 2years old. I was concerned the value was going to go down again. So I traded it in.

I received $185 for the phone & got the LG G6 for $20 a month. I've done a decent amount of research & I think it will suit my needs...... Fingers Crossed
    Did the Samsung reps say what may have been the cause? The reason I ask is sometimes those air dusters can cause a bit of moisture as they are used (I think due to as the pressurized gas can cause condensation, part of Boyle's law, I believe...)

I would see if there is a local computer repair shop, and ask what they use to clean dust out from PCs they service.

Edit: perhaps finding a case that has an integrated dust cover for the port?
    06-21-2017 02:15 PM