Hi all,

Love this forum and love the new Android 7!

I just bought a Chinese phone AGM A8. While it won't win any gaming speed awards, it is everything I need it to be.

One thing I have noticed that I can't get it to do is Autorotate in the Texting (SMS Messaging) App.

Autorotate works when I am in the "Thread View". IN other words; When I first start the app and I am looking at the list of text messaging threads, the autorotate works 100%.

But when I go into a conversation to either read or text the contact, the rotation switches back automatically to portrait.

Not sure where to look to find the solution to this issue.

- Standard Android Messaging App
    - Messaging Version 7.0
    - GBoard Version 6.3.28.159021150-arm64-v8a
    06-21-2017 02:04 PM
    Hi crussellp,

I don't know AGM from personal experience, but what I can say: The Android "standard apps" are often slightly modified in the Android implementation process, so AGM might have modified this app for some reason. Is the launcher / are the other apps "stock-like" or are there modifications as well? Do the other standard apps work in landscape mode? (Gallery, File-Manager, Phone App, Music Player, etc.).

If the other apps work fine, it could be a bug that will be fixed in an Update.
    06-25-2017 01:26 PM