S7 EDGE.
    NOUGAT.

Here are my issues... and this is EVERY DAMN DAY!!!

Google play store will just lock up. Installing an app it wnot fully install. Just sit on installing and never actually installs.

Sometimes google play store wont start downloading until I open the app. Then i just starts downloading a bunch of updates.....but then never installs. I have to force stop, clear cache and restart. This is ridiculous to do EVERY TIME!!!

Randomly badge notifications just REAPPEAR!!! No reason at all they just pop back up. No idea how to get rid of them.

My gmail and other apps like groupme DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY SEND ME THE NTOFICIATIONS THAT I RECEIVED A NEW MESSAGE. I dont get it for hours after!!! Or if I just go into the app itll be there.

I have factory reset my phone TWICE. I am NOT going to continue to just clear cache and restart and hope it works.

This is only happening on wifi. I run Nova Launcher.. does that have any affect? What about developer tools being on?

I need some real answers to this.... NOUGAT IS A PIECE OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES UNTIL THIS GARBAGE CAME OUT!!!
    06-26-2017 11:43 PM
    Sorry to hear you are having some trouble with your Galaxy S7 Edge. It's never nice when things just won't work.

I was going to recommend you do a factory reset and try again but you have done that already. I know this doesn't help now, but for future reference, if you are happy with the OS you are on, then sometimes it's best to just stay.

I'm not sure if it's possible to reload the Marshmallow OS back on the Galaxy S7 Edge after Nougat but hopefully another members can help you out. I would also say, try un-installing Nova Launcher and turn off Developer mode. Maybe things there are causing problems.

Let us know if you get things sorted.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-27-2017 12:57 AM
    Wipe the cache partition. You should do that first after any OS update, but especially after the major OS upgrades. Factory resetting does not wipe the cache partition.
    aspergerian and Tim1954 like this.
    06-27-2017 07:29 AM
    I did that a few times. Just did it again.

My phone updated this morning too with a June 1st security update? Maybe that will help?
    06-27-2017 07:41 AM
    This is only happening on wifi. I run Nova Launcher
    Have you checked your wifi system? If it only happens on wifi then its not the phone and its not Google Play. Also, as you state, Nova could be an issue.
    06-27-2017 04:28 PM
    While I've never had issues with Nova it might be worth switching back to TouchWiz and see if it helps.
    06-29-2017 04:21 PM
    I had a bunch of issues with Nougat too. Galaxy Tab S2. Freezing every 5 minutes, random crashes and reboot. All apps affected especially Facebook. Also running Nova.

Downloaded a paid app called BK Package Disabler to take care of another problem. I disabled a bunch of bloatware and many of the issues appeared to go away. Running 12hrs and hasn't crashed yet.
    07-06-2017 10:02 PM
    Find yourself a Samsung rep and have them reload the firmware. Best Buy has them. A factory reset only resets user data.. and junk in system isn't touched.
    07-07-2017 08:12 PM