"My files" app wont open

janiebdella

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Samsung s7 , after recent software update , now "my files" app wont open, keeps flashing up a message saying "app wont open" iv tried all the usual clearing cache, force stop etc, what next?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
In another location, someone says the following will fix it:

Settings- > Application -> Application Manager -> All -> Download Manager -> Clear Cache -> Clear Data and then force stop

Let us know!

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
You listed clearing its cache but not clearing data. You might want to try that and note that when you use the 'Clear data' button this does wipe any option changes you might have made in the My Files Settings menu so you'll need to re-do them. If My Files is still not launching you might want to try restarting your S7 into its Safe Mode and see if the My Files app will start up properly. To enter Safe Mode on you need to reboot your phone and as soon as you see the Samsung logo press and hold the Volume Down button. To exit Safe Mode just reboot your phone the way you usually would. If My Files does work in Safe Mode that's an indicator there's something installed that's interfering with it. At this point now it's a matter of figuring just which one so basically try to recall if you've installed something recently around the same time you noticed My Files stopped working.

If nothing works out to get My Files working again, a last resort option is to install a third-party file manager from the Play Store. My Files is just the basic file manager that Samsung included and while it works well for most situations a third-party file manager typically is more versatile and with more functionality. Take a look at File Expert, it's free and has a really expansive feature set. Or Solid Explorer, a shareware type app that's very popular.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=xcxin.filexpert&hl=en&token=Q5Lt2QY9
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ch?q=solid+file+manager&c=apps&token=KSrbY4uP