Hi all,

I have gone round and round with LG ATT and LG on getting the latest Security Patch Updates and what I was told that my New Factory Unlocked LG V20 was designed for US Cellular and since I am using a ATT sim I will have to wait until LG sends it to ATT

I called US Cellular and they said they could flash my phone to the current OS and security patch version but it will wipe the phone which is a pain in the drain to reset the phone up.

I am on 7.0 but the last security parch is December 2016.

I know when I had my BlackBerry's when a leak of a new update came out you could load it before it was offically released whci hwas cool.

Can the same be done with android or not?
    07-14-2017 02:30 PM
    Hi all,

I have gone round and round with LG ATT and LG on getting the latest Security Patch Updates and what I was told that my New Factory Unlocked LG V20 was designed for US Cellular and since I am using a ATT sim I will have to wait until LG sends it to ATT

I called US Cellular and they said they could flash my phone to the current OS and security patch version but it will wipe the phone which is a pain in the drain to reset the phone up.

I am on 7.0 but the last security parch is December 2016.

I know when I had my BlackBerry's when a leak of a new update came out you could load it before it was offically released whci hwas cool.

Can the same be done with android or not?
    If you found someone who had saved the OS before accepting the download, I would say you are just going to have to wait. Just curious, why are you using a US cellular version of the V20 instead of the att one? I know its unlocked, but seems if you were going unlocked route why get tied to any carrier.
    07-14-2017 02:47 PM
    If you found someone who had saved the OS before accepting the download, I would say you are just going to have to wait. Just curious, why are you using a US cellular version of the V20 instead of the att one? I know its unlocked, but seems if you were going unlocked route why get tied to any carrier.
    Well I did not know LG told me it was a variation of the US Cellular phone even though its factory unlocked it was sold as factory unlocked
    07-14-2017 03:35 PM