MotoG4 Plus - remove Time from Lock Screen

MotoG4guy

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

For personal reasons, I want to remove the time on my lock screen. It flashes up every now and then when the phone is moved or just whenever. I also just want to remove it all together from lock screen and preferably also the notification bar.

If I go into settings on a G4 Plus and the Display option, there is nothing in there that turns the time off in any way, shape or form.

I made a fairly thorough effort of my own looking through all my settings, I was hoping someone may know some less well-published tips, hacks or even apps that might have a more 'nerdy' level of ability to interact with Android settings.

If not can someone suggest a phone model where I can?

Thanks in advance.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I don't think you can remove the clock from the lock screen, but you can switch Moto Display off so it doesn't show up anytime the phone detects a movement. Search for the Moto app in your app drawer, select Moto Display, switch it off and set the level of detail (or none) for the notifications on the lock screen.

Tell us how it goes.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and about the time on the notification bar. You can hide the whole bar using a custom launcher, but it will only apply on your home screens and not when you open an app. The other solution would be using some modules after root. Too technical and risky if you haven't done it before.

MotoG4guy

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, thanks, that did the trick. I might sus out rooting and modules. I have a fair bit of experience playing around with phones. at least from a flashing perspective. Put Cyanogenmod on and off my old S4 a number times.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, thanks, that did the trick. I might sus out rooting and modules. I have a fair bit of experience playing around with phones. at least from a flashing perspective. Put Cyanogenmod on and off my old S4 a number times.
If your phone updated to Nougat already you can remove the time from the status bar quite easily. Try this.

- Enable the System UI Tuner. Expand the notification shade and long press the settings /cog icon until it starts spinning and a wrench shows up close to it.

- Go to settings -scroll all the way down - System UI Tuner - Status bar - Time - 'Don't show this icon'.

Tell us how it goes.

IMG_20170918_113911.jpg