I'm currently using an LG G5 with Nougat, which I love for the most part.

Whenever I add a new contact, it defaults to the Google account. Is there any way to make it default to the phone account instead? There doesn't seem to be a setting for it anywhere, at least not that I can find.

My old phone, Samsung Galaxy S4, always defaulted to the phone, so it's not something I'm used to double checking and I don't want any contacts synced with Google (it's always created a huge mess for me with double contacts on my phone, and the new merge contacts doesn't always do a neat job of it).
    08-30-2017 12:16 PM
    I can set that on my Contacts app, but I'm using a Samsung phone. Nougat doesn't determine that, your individual contact app does.
    08-30-2017 12:30 PM
    According to this - https://www.xda-developers.com/setti...ithout-google/

It wasn't possible in MM 6.0. I did do it, but it is a pain in the backside to workaround. I use VCF cards and EX-dialler
    Google simply would not permit dialers that bypassed it to be downloaded. I couldn't download Tru(e)caller until it got reworked. I use VCF cards and EX-dialler

I also cannot find this information. I have friends I email who HATE google. Why should I then allow Google to do contacts? (I don't use Gmail)

Google pads some of its totals - I have "free" books from Google that I don't want and ignore, yet Google includes these books in sales. It includes my defunct Blogger account and won't let me delete that. If Google pads for millions of accounts, that total becomes mighty inflated.

I've played with a new Moto G5+ but not long enough to figure it out. I'll be giving that to a family member.

I simply don't need Google for anything but apps which I prefer to purchase and OS. I use Linux for everything else on a desktop. My Phone is a reference library. All those apps have to be purchased.
    08-31-2017 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the info. I've looked at other Contacts apps both with and without dialers, but then I end up putting up with a layout I hate just to get the option to set a default location for new contacts. So with that being the case, I guess I'll stick with what's on the phone.

For me as well, there's no reason I want my contacts in Google. In fact, it's always been a royal headache.

Thanks again for the info.
    08-31-2017 02:19 PM