Hi Everyone, I've just purchased a "Moto C" which is a low-end Motorola phone running Android 7.0. Unfortunately one of the apps with which I'd like to use it (the HotPin client downloadable at Google PlayStore) seems not to be playing nicely. The user guide for the app suggests that I press the "menu" button - but there isn't one. Other people on the Web have had similar problems with other Apps, and there are suggestions that a "soft" button can be switched on via the "Dexterity" setting on the "Accessibility" tree on Samsung phones. Sadly this option is (also) missing on the Moto C.

Any workarounds / suggestions would be greatly welcomed. Allan.
    09-15-2017 08:33 AM
    Hello Allan! Welcome to the forums. Yeah, those instructions are specific for Samsung devices and nothing similar on Moto phones. Do you get this app listed in settings - accessibility - services? If so, enable it and see if it helps.

Had a quick look in the Play Store and this app got the latest update more than three years ago and most reviews are negative and reporting this same problem. Not sure if you are going to find a definite fix. Sorry.
    09-15-2017 09:38 AM
    Thanks Javier for the reply... Now I understand the low rating! I'd used it happily for a few years under Android 5 but serves me right for upgrading

I guess I should pester our vendor for an upgrade.
    09-15-2017 09:49 AM
    Hi Javier, just to answer your question - Under "Accessibility -> Services" I see only "No services installed"...
    09-15-2017 09:52 AM
    Not sure what else to suggest. Maybe there's some app in the Play Store that can create a button/menu to mimic the old 'menu' key functionality, but I haven't used any.

A long shot. Maybe the devs put the same action in an overflow menu (three dots top right). Can you see anything like this in the app? This is the way most apps updated after the 'menu' button was removed from most phones.
    09-15-2017 10:19 AM
    Sadly no "overflow menu" as far as I can tell. I've just looked at the reviews on PlayStore and I think I am doomed Thanks for the input though, very grateful.
    09-15-2017 10:24 AM
    Sadly no "overflow menu" as far as I can tell. I've just looked at the reviews on PlayStore and I think I am doomed Thanks for the input though, very grateful.
    Yeah, sadly it looks that way Good luck and let us know if you finally manage to find a solution.
    09-15-2017 10:49 AM