Nougat = more white??

Androidark

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
I remember migrating from Apple's blinding themes to embrace the deep-relaxing blacks with elegant colorful accents of Android Kit kat. Now I see Android losing it's individuality and selling out to Apple's futuristic/boring trend.
In the future all devices will look like a white screen with nothing on it. Modern, streamlined and futuristic (the dream of all designers - especially Google's).
But that won't matter anymore.... because we'll be all blind from the white-conspiracy in place in every new update.

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, despite all the complaints around all the forums, google insist on these ugly, eye damaging, battery killing white themes. And while you can get themes, they are not system wide, so opening some apps results in more retina scorching white!
Anyone who does night shift hates the bright light.
Reversing the colours will work on some instances, but your pictures are also negative, so it's a half arsed fix at best...

Androidark

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
It's "nice" "simple" and "neat" if you're young and resiliant. At age 63, after 35 years of computer work white light is just pure torture.
About alternative...what's the alternative to checking your GMail in the dark, with a white background that can guide a ship into the harbor??

Last edited:

Androidark

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Please find me a theme that can change the white background in the notification on the lock screen....or the blinding white background in GMail....

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I see what your saying, but I don't usually use my phone in the dark.. I want it bright because of the bright areas I'm in... We are two different people with different scenarios and preferences.. so I'm going to be out of this discussion. Best of luck.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Like this site for example Joe!
Themes are around, but they are not system wide, so I open the messaging or whatever else and the glare continues. It should be a built in system option to go bright or dark to suit all users.
This forum is as great example of a nice dark theme.... 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171105-110058.jpg
    Screenshot_20171105-110058.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol