I remember migrating from Apple's blinding themes to embrace the deep-relaxing blacks with elegant colorful accents of Android Kit kat. Now I see Android losing it's individuality and selling out to Apple's futuristic/boring trend.
    In the future all devices will look like a white screen with nothing on it. Modern, streamlined and futuristic (the dream of all designers - especially Google's).
    But that won't matter anymore.... because we'll be all blind from the white-conspiracy in place in every new update.
    Norg likes this.
    10-16-2017 03:28 PM
    And that's what themes are for.
    10-16-2017 07:36 PM
    Yes, despite all the complaints around all the forums, google insist on these ugly, eye damaging, battery killing white themes. And while you can get themes, they are not system wide, so opening some apps results in more retina scorching white!
    Anyone who does night shift hates the bright light.
    Reversing the colours will work on some instances, but your pictures are also negative, so it's a half arsed fix at best...
    Androidark likes this.
    10-16-2017 07:46 PM
    I think it looks nice, simple and neat.. All preference, there's always alternatives if you don't like them
    10-16-2017 07:58 PM
    It's "nice" "simple" and "neat" if you're young and resiliant. At age 63, after 35 years of computer work white light is just pure torture.
    About alternative...what's the alternative to checking your GMail in the dark, with a white background that can guide a ship into the harbor??
    Tim1954 likes this.
    10-16-2017 08:41 PM
    Please find me a theme that can change the white background in the notification on the lock screen....or the blinding white background in GMail....
    10-16-2017 09:03 PM
    Please find me a theme that can change the white background in the notification on the lock screen....or the blinding white background in GMail....
    Substratum, from what I hear, lets you customize pretty much anything. Doesn't require root on Samsung phones.

https://www.androidcentral.com/week-...romeda-theming
    Androidark likes this.
    10-17-2017 12:40 AM
    I see what your saying, but I don't usually use my phone in the dark.. I want it bright because of the bright areas I'm in... We are two different people with different scenarios and preferences.. so I'm going to be out of this discussion. Best of luck.
    10-18-2017 12:50 AM
    I hear you on the whiteness.
    Some apps have a "night" mode, which is nice...
    Androidark likes this.
    10-18-2017 12:51 AM
    Like this site for example Joe!
    Themes are around, but they are not system wide, so I open the messaging or whatever else and the glare continues. It should be a built in system option to go bright or dark to suit all users.
    This forum is as great example of a nice dark theme.... 😄
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat = more white??-screenshot_20171105-110058.jpg  
    11-04-2017 08:04 PM