My Samsung Dex (with Android 7 in a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone) won't work with my LG 23MT75D-PU monitor. I think because the Android driver are not ready to talk with this monitor yet. I will want to know where i can fire a bug related with that fact.

¿Some one know? Thanks.
    10-22-2017 02:46 AM
    Moved from the Nougat forum to the S8 forum for more specific traffic.
    (moved back to the Nougat forum, see below)
    10-22-2017 03:48 AM
    Sorry, i know you have right from the point of view of organization, but this is an android question by nature. My S8 have not a problem and also i considered, this is not a problem of Samsung Dex, but instead, this is a problem in the kernel of android, because it's where reside the modules to load the most commons drivers by default. Support/Understand monitors signals is a commons task of the OS, not related really with any phone. In any case with the monitor in question, but there are not a forum of my monitor here.
    10-22-2017 04:04 AM
    Oh, ok -- I thought you were asking specifically about DeX. I can move it back to the Nougat forum.
    lestcape likes this.
    10-22-2017 04:29 AM
    I think it is the LG 23MT75D-PU that lacks the driver support. I just bought an HP cheap us$84 monitor to use with DeX after seeing how my 2016 Samsung Smart TV (4k) did not display properly.

The October update for the S8/S8+ includes support for DeX.
    lestcape likes this.
    10-22-2017 06:27 AM
    Yes, of course that is my assumption to. I'm a linux dev (find me in github by my same nickname), so i know this type of things could happen. Is not nice, but well... The monitor is also a TV and i buy it when really there are not to many TV with the size of a monitor (23) and with a IPS panel in Mexico. But like the monitor is not an "standar" monitor, is probably that it need a variation in the driver. Also in linux, i have found some problems with the audio, whe i use the HDMI port, but can easy be solved if I edit the driver in the linux kernel to increase the audio frequency a little.

I have also a samsung 4k smart TV, so i know my phone and the samsung dex are ok, because all is working there.

The question is how i can report this problem and where? This is need to be a report for Android developers ofcurse.

10-23-2017 03:15 AM
    Senior Ambassador, Thanks.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-23-2017 03:15 AM
    Not really a good answer from the android developers: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/68123990

That is a problem because i can not report the problem directly to the Samsung Technical support, because my phone was buy in Mexico. So, there are not developers of Samsung in Mexico and they not let me to directly speak with who really can solved the problem from the Samsung side... Is frustrating.
    10-23-2017 08:31 AM
    I finally found the problem. The Samsung Dex work only with an specific voltage, you can not connect it to any different power supply (like the usb ports of your computer). If I connect it to power manager that come with the phone, it will be working find on my monitor.

Thanks all involved.
    11-03-2017 02:36 PM