I updated my software and it require me to restart my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Android 7 Nougat. Then, i can’t unlock my phone and i need the backup password to unlock it. Since the update, you need your fingerprint or backup password to shut down the phone. I can’t do it because I didn’t remember it! I can’t get into recovery mode. Luckily, I finally found out on how to wipe your data. Usually, you will need to waste your batery so your phone will shut down automatically. If you didn’t completely read this article, you may think that you just need to open the camera app to waste your batery. But it also waste your time. And also, if your batery is completely empty, your batery could be broken. So, just keep reading. You need to hold the lock button. Instead of clicking shut down, click restart. It will not ask you for backup password. Before the phone is turned on again, press volume up, home and lock button at the same time(only volume up and lock button if your phone didn’t have home button). Then. SUPRISE! you’ve entered recovery mode. Control the selection by using volume key and select wipe data by using lock key. Then, restore backup or set as new phone

Note: You will need the last google account you’ve synced your phone with to use your phone

Note 2: If you need the video, I will upload it soon on youtube. I will link it here
    10-31-2017 05:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the tip. I assume you used the steps here to do a hardware key factory reset: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27654.
    11-01-2017 03:38 PM