Android keyboard showing "Tap to update"

Weilies

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Most of the time I search in my Google search bar in my Samsung phone, it will pops up "tap to update"

How can I get rid of it?

Attachments

• 20171208_071209.jpg
    20171208_071209.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 16

Weilies

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I have updated my "Google App" app, will monitor, thanks for the suggestion. Apparently the "tap to update" is nonsense . It doesn't update my app.

Thanks!

forum11

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
This same "Tap to update" message appears repeatedly on my launcher screen, right over the app tray icon, without the keyboard being active. I've tapped it but it doesn't stop it from coming back at some seemingly random future time. It can pop up multiple times a day and it's not clear what's being updated. As best I can tell this didn't start until I updated my Nexus 5X from Android 7.1.2 to 8.1.0, but of course various apps have also been updated. This makes it difficult to point at a single piece of software. Whatever it is, I'd really like to make it stop!

Android_Dude89

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
I just started receiving this today too. Not sure why... I almost think it's part of another third party app. Adware. Anyway, please give updates. Does anyone getting that notification by any chance use any free media streaming apps. ie. [redacted] or -Doctor IPTV Gold?

What makes me ask this is I downloaded "ad free" versions of both those apps today and today was my first time seeing the "tap to update notification."

Also, I don't use "android keyboard" I use kika emoji pro keyboard

Last edited by a moderator:

Android_Dude89

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
Okay, I'm 100% certain that this is part of the google now feature and perhaps just glitched a little. I use the google now launcher and when I swiped to the far right to access my google now I saw the "tap to update" appear and as I swiped back in and out of google now it would disappear and reappear accordingly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-04-22-41-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-04-22-41-35.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 12

forum11

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. According to this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/google/comments/7awqs7/google_feed_has_a_new_tap_to_update_button/
It's part of the Google Feed (App/Now) in the launcher and other people also find it annoying. As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be popping this prompt over other launcher screens nor the keyboard. But I also think it's entirely needless as swipe down (scroll up) to refresh appears to perform the same function and should be the understood way of doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835