For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing pop-up ads overlaying whatever app I'm currently using. This will happen even if I'm on my home screen with no other apps open.

I have scoured these forums, and many others, for a solution, but I've had zero luck. I don't have any apps that updated recently that would explain this, and the frequency of the ads is sporadic and unpredictable.

When I try to bring up the app that's causing the pop-up using the "recent" button, nothing opens and the ad itself closes with seemingly no other processes taking place. I've included an image of this: https://imgur.com/a/7meuC

I've done everything short of a factory reset based on tips I've found online, and I REALLY want to avoid doing so if at all possible, as I've read that some people haven't even been able to fix it that way. No third-party apps are permitted to draw over other apps. Any help would be much appreciated!
    01-17-2018 02:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It seems like adware, which was probably installed alongside some other app. Unfortunately, unless you have an idea which app might be responsible, sometimes you just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away (or do a factory reset, then install apps one by one, watching carefully to see if the problem comes back).
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-17-2018 10:41 PM
    Look for maybe 'video player'. That's a common one.

There is an app called malwarebytes thats good at finding them
    01-26-2018 07:55 AM