I have Version 7.1.1 on a Note 8

I've tried videos and music on Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Tumblr, YouTube and DailyMotion, and there is no sound. All my sounds are turned up, hearing accessibility mute is turned off, there is no Bluetooth it's trying to play to, and the game launcher isn't muted. But I can hear games and system sounds and anything from the Play Store just fine.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few of these apps with no success, I've tried hard restarts. I'd really like to avoid manufacturers reset but I'm worried that's exactly what I'm going to have to do.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    01-29-2018 02:20 AM
    Did you turn up the volume when media was playing? (A factory reset only deletes things you've added including apps, games, files etc.], it doesn't actually reset the firmware to factory-new condition. To do that you'd have to reflash the firmware.)
    01-29-2018 05:19 PM
    That was the first thing I tried. With all the apps. I even made sure the volume was up under the drop down when you click a volume key.
    What I can't figure out is why Google Play and built in Android players play just fine, it's only when I use third party apps that there isn't sound.
    01-29-2018 05:52 PM
    I figured it out if anyone else has this problem, but I reset the settings on my phone to default following these instructions

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=_9PZ5eBE
    01-30-2018 09:25 PM