Hey all. Just got a galaxy s8, and got everything setup. I use Google photos to sync my camera photos, as well as a few other folders, snapchat, screenshots etc. Since I like to keep my internal storage clean, I have a foldersync setup to automatically move things from the internal storage to my SD card. However, apparently somehow while setting up this phone, a .nomedia file was moved to my screenshots folder on my SD card. This caused Google photos to not see the folder, as it should. Now, I've gone and deleted this file and made sure it won't sync again, however, Google photos still won't see that folder. If I put a new file into the screenshots folder, it will see thst file in the folder, but it will not see the rest of the old files in there.

So it seems to me Google photos saw the nomedia file and just ignores anything old in there now. Is there a way to "refresh" Google photos? I've read about clearing the data for the Media Storage service in Android, but I'm a little worried thst might mess things up.
    02-13-2018 11:44 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, select Google Photos, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open it again, and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. Do the photos show up now?
    02-14-2018 01:30 AM