I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I noticed a couple of days ago my batter started draining very quickly. After playing around I realised that the WiFi is the cause and when looking at the data usage apparently the "Android OS" (which when I click on it says "Beaming Service") has gone from using basically nothing to using over 80GB of WiFi in the last tow days. Anybody have any idea what might be causing this or how to stop it?
    02-15-2018 12:31 PM
    did you checked the 'update under wifi only' setting ... now that you know something happening with the wifi now check what apps are running at that time
    02-15-2018 01:48 PM
    It is set to update only under WiFi in the play store (is there somewhere else I should do this?), but I doubt it can be updates causing it as there have not been 80GB of updates in 2 days. I downloaded a data usage monitor app and it is an app called "root" that seems to just be constantly receiving data over the WiFi, despite the fact that I don't think it is actually downloading anything as I don't believe the data usage through my router has gone up by 40 gig a day. If i turn off WiFi and leave mobile data on it doesn't use any mobile data, it is only when WiFi is connected that it is an issue.

As for what apps are running when it does this, no apps are running as far as I know, even if I reboot the phone and don't launch any apps it will be using the WiFi and draining the battery.
    02-15-2018 03:24 PM