How to fix having to disable wifi, bluetooth, and mobile data in order to make an outgoing call.

patches223

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
Android Nougat. LG Aristo phone I've had for several months. Carrier is T-Mobile.

All of a sudden today I have to disable wifi, bluetooth, and mobile data in order to make an outgoing call. If any of those are enabled the call is blocked. Disabling them allows the call to go through, I don't even have to dial the number again, it's like a blocking thread was destroyed. Wifi calling and VoLTE are both disabled.

This "disable everything" solution came from T-Mobile support like it's something they've encountered before. They won't tell me what the problem is or how to fix. I call BS. Anybody know of a fix?

Googling this issue is ridiculous, the results are everything but what I'm looking for. Yes, I'm so old I remember when Google gave you the answers you were looking for without any AI "I know more than you do" garbage.

Thank you in advance.

UglyStuff

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Maybe disabling VoLTE did more bad than good: after all, VoLTE means "Voice Over LTE", and relies on 4G to send and receive phone calls, so disabling it means that your phone's 4G will only be used to send and receive data, not phone calls.
In my case, it's often the opposite that happens (and I do have VoLTE enabled, though my carrier doesn't yet offer it): when someone calls me, it interrupts the data stream, and I lose connectivity when I'm using the phone as a hotspot.

Are you sure it has nothing to do with your calling plan?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type. Is it set to include 2G/3G as well, and not just 4G? If the phone is set to only use 4G, and you turned off VoLTE, then it can't do both voice and data at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty