I just moved my Galaxy S7 phone from Verizon to MetroPCS, but I couldn't get multimedia text, or system updates. Metro suggest I do a factory Reset, which I did. After setting up wifi, it wanted me to log into my Google account, which I tried, but it wouldn't accept my password ( I had just changed it 4 days ago and I use a password vault, so I know it is correct). It then went through a process to recover my account, including 6 digit codes it sent to my email address. Nothing was being accepted by Google, including the codes they sent, my best friends' name, nothing. I got locked out, after too many tries and was told to wait a "few" hours and try again. So after 12 hours I tried again and am still locked out. Is there any way around this this Google lock out? I have a $700 brick that I can prove I own, but Google claims they can do nothing, Verizon claims they can do nothing, Metro PCS claims they can do nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    02-26-2018 02:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have 2 step authentication turned on? If so, try turning it off. You might also try using an app password (although it'd be a little odd that an app password is required for that step): https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    02-26-2018 03:21 PM