Since yesterday I have annoying red badges on my outlook mail app. I've done all the recommended things to try and stop these, gone to setting>apps>system apps>badegprovider>force stop (disabled is greyed out so can't use that) then to storage>clear data>clear cache>restart phone. Once it's rebooted if I go back to the app settings the BadgeProvider's "force stop" tab is in black again as if I hadn't forced it to stop. And the annoying badges are back! Since these badges appeared I have noticed that I need to charge the phone twice a day, whereas before I didn't need to charge it till I went to bed at night - once a day. Anyone know how to get rid of these once and for all?
    03-03-2018 09:46 AM
    Since yesterday I have annoying red badges on my outlook mail app. I've done all the recommended things to try and stop these, gone to setting>apps>system apps>badegprovider>force stop (disabled is greyed out so can't use that) then to storage>clear data>clear cache>restart phone. Once it's rebooted if I go back to the app settings the BadgeProvider's "force stop" tab is in black again as if I hadn't forced it to stop. And the annoying badges are back! Since these badges appeared I have noticed that I need to charge the phone twice a day, whereas before I didn't need to charge it till I went to bed at night - once a day. Anyone know how to get rid of these once and for all?
    Sounds like Outlook is fetching mail in that background, and poping the notification badge. Have you looked at that?
    03-03-2018 11:58 AM
    Thanks gordol, never thought of checking in the actual Outlook app as I hadn't changed anything but I just noticed that there is a setting cog wheel and in there is a tab saying Badge Count, which was turned on. I've turned it off so hopefully that will stop them. Thanks again, happy bunny if it works thanks to you.
    03-03-2018 10:50 PM
    Thanks gordol, never thought of checking in the actual Outlook app as I hadn't changed anything but I just noticed that there is a setting cog wheel and in there is a tab saying Badge Count, which was turned on. I've turned it off so hopefully that will stop them. Thanks again, happy bunny if it works thanks to you.
    Just remember that turning off the badge only turns off the visual. Not the background retrieval of mail. If you are still having battery drain issues, look into your msil fetch/push frequency.
    03-04-2018 12:48 AM
    I'd have to know what msil means first
    03-12-2018 01:22 PM