Hi everyone,

I use the USB tethering and WiFi Hotspot functionalities a lot on my Leagoo T5c, and contrarily to iOS, on Android, they're not that well-thought of.

For example, USB tethering has to be manually triggered every time I plug the phone into a USB slot on the target computer (on iOS, the tethering stays on indefinitely, and becomes active as soon as you plug the phone in a USB slot), and since my phone isn't rooted, I'm not sure I can change that, as annoying as it may be.

Additionally, on my phone, the WiFi hotspot will turn itself off after either 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity, though I've noticed that even though a Torrent client is running on one of my computers and downloading over WiFi, sometimes, WiFi connectivity will be lost after a few minutes (I haven't clocked it precisely).

I must add that the phone and the computers in question stand only a few feet away from one another, without any physical obstacles between them, so that's not an issue.

My question is, Can I plug the phone on my PC, and use ADB to edit the file or files where the timeout info are kept, to add, say, 20 minutes or 30 minutes, or even put a fat 0 (zero) to indicate that the hotspot should remain active until I manually turn it off?

If so, what are the files in question, and where are they in the Android folder tree?

Again, the phone isn't rooted, nor will it be anytime soon, because it uses an Intel-based x86_64 SoC, and I doubt there are any reliable rooting tools out there (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!).
    03-09-2018 03:26 AM