Don't hold back the details. I "need" (not want)... "need" to know if I put Nougat on the Galaxy S6 if it will just make it ridiculously slow and unusable or could it actually improve it?

I do not believe in putting new software on old hardware, for all devices, but I would really not like to hear "guesses" - but people who know from others who have done it or who have done it themselves.

I want to put the Samsung factory unlocked Nougat on the S6. I'm not asking for instructions on how. I just want to know if its worth it.

Thanks!!!!!
    03-14-2018 08:44 PM
    This will probably be better served in the S6 forum, since the Nougat forum is more for general Nougat issues -- let me know if you want me to move it there.
    03-14-2018 10:48 PM
    I have an S6 with Nougat, here, and it performs well! Definitely an improvement over Marshmallow.
    03-15-2018 06:25 AM
    Dear P Diddy, Senior Ambassador Sir. Yes, you may move this to S6 forum. I just figured that Nougat forum would get more looks at this, but if you think S6 forum is still active enough, by all means move it. Thanks P (lol) Diddy!!
    04-02-2018 01:34 AM
    I have an S6 with Nougat, here, and it performs well! Definitely an improvement over Marshmallow.
    TwitchyPuppy - Thanks for letting me know. My S6 has lasted me 2 years, but I kept it on LOLLIPOP because it ran fine and figured new updates would bog it down. Nougat runs great on an S7 that I've been testing, so.... Anyways, thank you for letting me know you actually have it setup like that. Helps to know someone is using it that way with success and not aggravation.

If I load the S6 with Nougat, I'll try to remember to post back on here to state the results. I will be having to rebuild the phone too, as it's recent button is stuck in "constantly pressed mode" - I need to replace the screen and buggy camera... that has always had trouble focusing.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-02-2018 01:36 AM
    TwitchyPuppy - Thanks for letting me know. My S6 has lasted me 2 years, but I kept it on LOLLIPOP because it ran fine and figured new updates would bog it down. Nougat runs great on an S7 that I've been testing, so.... Anyways, thank you for letting me know you actually have it setup like that. Helps to know someone is using it that way with success and not aggravation.

If I load the S6 with Nougat, I'll try to remember to post back on here to state the results. I will be having to rebuild the phone too, as it's recent button is stuck in "constantly pressed mode" - I need to replace the screen and buggy camera... that has always had trouble focusing.
    Yeah, please keep us posted!

And that phone definitely needs some TLC!
    04-07-2018 08:59 PM
    Don't hold back the details. I "need" (not want)... "need" to know if I put Nougat on the Galaxy S6 if it will just make it ridiculously slow and unusable or could it actually improve it?

I do not believe in putting new software on old hardware, for all devices, but I would really not like to hear "guesses" - but people who know from others who have done it or who have done it themselves.

I want to put the Samsung factory unlocked Nougat on the S6. I'm not asking for instructions on how. I just want to know if its worth it.

Thanks!!!!!
    Greetings:
    If you haven't already installed it, I can tell you Nougat does work on a Galaxy s6. Specifically, I am running the S6 edge and it automatically updates the software as a work requirement. Nougat has been running fine on mine since it's install. Although I have had issues with some of the features but those are personal preferences and not actual functionality issues.

Best of luck.
    04-13-2018 01:57 PM