Phone: Blu Vivo X
    Nougat 7.0

My problem is that when I get into my car and my phone is locked my bluetooth device recognises it (as in the bluetooth FM transmitter states "Paired") but Google Assistant won't respond until I manually unlock my phone each time I get in and over a period of time while in my car my phone will lock again so I can't use google assistant without manually unlocking it.

What is challenging me is that even though I have set my bluetooth device in my car (an FM transmitter-KM24) as a trusted device I still have to manually unlock the phone each time I go to use my phone using the KM24.

It may have something to do with the fact that even though I have set locations as "trusted locations" on my phone like my home, office and the KM24 that my phone still goes into lock mode.

I must be missing something in the "Security" settings (which there are a lot of!!-wow! I get lost in settings).

Any suggestions or guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!
    04-16-2018 05:35 PM
    Open your Google app, tap Menu>Settings, and look at the Google Assistant settings. Select Phone (under Devices) and make sure "Ok Google" Detection and Unlock With Voice Match are turned on. Also select Other Hands-Free Settings and make sure For Bluetooth Devices is turned on.
    04-16-2018 06:13 PM
    Open your Google app
    Sorry, quite honestly I don't know which "app" you are referring to when you say "Google App". I am not really good at these phone app things.
    04-16-2018 06:32 PM
    Open your App Drawer (i.e., tap the button on the bottom tray that looks like a grid of dots) and look for the app called simply "Google." Tap that, then swipe in from the left. Tap Settings, and go from there.
    04-16-2018 07:33 PM
    Ok BDiddy - thanks!!
    Was able to find the settings you were referring to. Just a bit new to all this techno stuff. I made the changes and will see how it does. If I don't come back it means all went well and I say thanks for the help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-22-2018 07:14 AM