I can't download jpeg from Google.

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
A few days ago, I was able to download jpeg images from Google. But starting yesterday, I can't. I long press on the image, a box pops up and I click download image. Then a smaller box pops up that says "Are you sure you want to download "image.jpeg" again?" I click yes, but nothing happens. Please help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Google search app, or the Chrome app? If you're using Google, go to Settings>Apps​, select Google, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you rename the previous image you downloaded?

Does this happen on any site, or only a certain site?

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
I could download jpeg but I had to put the default storage as my SD card. I don't know where to change the name of the image. I have Google Photos for my gallery

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open Chrome, tap Menu>Settings>Downloads, and look at Download Location. If you're set to save to Internal Storage, it should tell you what the directory name for the downloads is (which should be the main /Download directory).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It is a little strange, since the system would normally tack on a number in parentheses after the filename if it's a duplicate. And I just tried downloading an image from the Google Image Search page using Chrome -- it downloads the file with a specific filename (and not just "image.jpg"), and when I try to download it again, it asks me if I'm sure. When I say yes, it downloads it again, but this time with a (1) tacked on.

Which phone do you have? Does this happen in Safe Mode as well?

Honey goyal

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
Just do a simple thing, go to file manager (my files) ,there will be a folder naming "Download",Change its name.....you can give any name. once you change its name you will be able to downlaod images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae