Can't get auto-sync to stop turning itself off

Lpkee

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
I have been searching for months. I've never had this happen - where I just couldn't find a fix. I have a LG G5, so android 7. Auto-sync keeps turning itself off. Everytime I turn it on, it just turns back off, which affects my work email and gmail account (and other apps I care less about.) One thread on this form cited "battery doctor" or "DU battery", neither of which are installed. I can't find any other explanation. Need help!

Last edited:

Lpkee

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
Does not seem to be turning off in safe mode. So how do I figure out which app is causing this? It's honestly been going on so long, it would be difficult to correlate the problem with an installed app based on time of installation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that can be very tedious, unfortunately. If you don't have an initial suspicion of what the culprit may be, you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. How long did you test it in Safe Mode, and how long does it usually take for Auto-Sync to turn back on? Just want to make sure you've tested in Safe Mode for long enough.

Lpkee

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
Left S.M. on for about 2 hours- no auto-sync turn-off errors. Usually, it turns off inside 30 minutes. If I look in the auto-sync settings, the list of affected programs is fairly small - Facebook (just uninstalled), MS exchange, Google, Onedrive, Duo preview, Linkedin & Reddit. Would it definitely be one of the programs listed here? If not, is there ANY other way of narrowing it down?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't think of any reason why any of those apps would want to turn off auto-sync. Battery saver apps are common culprits, but it sounds like you don't have any 3rd party battery savers installed. Sometimes an app you installed for some completely different purpose can have hidden battery saver "features" -- some examples include 3rd party gallery apps or file manager apps. Do you have anything like that installed?

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Left S.M. on for about 2 hours- no auto-sync turn-off errors. Usually, it turns off inside 30 minutes. If I look in the auto-sync settings, the list of affected programs is fairly small - Facebook (just uninstalled), MS exchange, Google, Onedrive, Duo preview, Linkedin & Reddit. Would it definitely be one of the programs listed here? If not, is there ANY other way of narrowing it down?

Figured it out. Do a factory reset on your accessibility settings. This has been killing me for 2 weeks. Finally figured it out.

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Do you have option in where you reset accessibility to reset settings?

Yes. There are a list of things for resetting. Settings, accessibility, network, and factory. I'm still experimenting. There is one device admin from mybwork email that has a LOT of permissions. I just deactivated that and will now wait and see it that does it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. There are a list of things for resetting. Settings, accessibility, network, and factory. I'm still experimenting. There is one device admin from mybwork email that has a LOT of permissions. I just deactivated that and will now wait and see it that does it.
Ok yeah deactivate any of them besides find my phone .

cxw008

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Same issue with my s10 for the past 3 months. Finally did a factory reset about a month ago and was great for about 3 was. Same problem came back a week ago and still couldn't figure out what is triggering the sync to turn itself off. Very very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam