Can't get auto-sync to stop turning itself off

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Same issue with my s10 for the past 3 months. Finally did a factory reset about a month ago and was great for about 3 was. Same problem came back a week ago and still couldn't figure out what is triggering the sync to turn itself off. Very very frustrating.

Same. Did factory reset last night. And got android 10 update this morning. Still happening.

Cyberia Sham

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing the same problem with Accounts auto-sync turning off by itself on my LG V30 phone. This is happening even after factory reset! (YES. wrap clean and setup from ground up) Driving me nuts.

dannyschrider

Dec 31, 2019
Visit site
I am also having this issue. My Sync is turning off seconds after I turn it back on. This has been happening the last two days. I have a Galaxy S9+
My last software update was Dec 13th.

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Try going into accounts and sign out of the ones there and sign back in or delete and put back

Ok. So I turned off my email app permission to change system settings. So far so good. Been a couple hours. I'll update again tomorrow.

By the way. I called Samsung and they we lost too. They recommended taking it to a vendor to that the software reflashed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok. So I turned off my email app permission to change system settings. So far so good. Been a couple hours. I'll update again tomorrow.

By the way. I called Samsung and they we lost too. They recommended taking it to a vendor to that the software reflashed.
Where is this in device administrator or Account? Yeah Samsung would say that lol

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
It's in apps. Then the three dots in the upper corner. then special access. Then change system settings. If this doesn't do it, I feel like the culprit might be found in these options.

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Update. 99% sure it was yahoo causing the problem. I uninstalled all the yahoo apps I had running on my phone about 6 hrs ago. Everything good so far.

RobertDE13

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Update. 99% sure it was yahoo causing the problem. I uninstalled all the yahoo apps I had running on my phone about 6 hrs ago. Everything good so far.

I've had this problem for some time and haven't found much useful info about it. Happened on Galaxy S8 in the past and turned off battery saver for Gmail to fix it. Not the case for my Galaxy S10+ Android 9 Pie. Recently updated to Android 10 and the problem persisted. Mostly effecting Gmail and Google apps. Haven't had any problems elsewhere that I've noticed. While messing around and reading this thread tonight I decided to link my Gmail to the native Samsung email which I have never used and sync has remained on ever since. Also from info in this thread I decided to go to device admin apps and noticed that Google Pay was switched on. The problem may have begun around the time I installed it, so as an insurance measure, turned it off (deactivated). I haven't used it yet anyway. Yahoo apps still installed. So far, so good. Hope this helps. Very frustrating, indeed. Glad I found this! Thank you all and Happy New Year!

Last edited:

dannyschrider

Dec 31, 2019
Visit site
I tried the Yahoo uninstall trick and so far it has fixed my problem. Auto Sync has stayed on for the last hour. I uninstalled Yahoo news, Yahoo email, and Yahoo fantasy sports apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech