Can i downgrade my samsung galaxy a5 2017 Oreo back to Nougat using ODIN

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
I have updated software 1 night before i updated last security patch which came in on august 1st and it says that the current version is A520FXXSBCSH4/A520FOJVBCSF1/A520FXXSBCSG2 i was trying to find 7.0 Nougat version of some of these firmwares but the only versions i found were Oreo 8.0.When i had 7.0 Nougat installed was this firmware version " A520FXXSBCSH4/A520FOJVBCSF1/A520FXXSBCSG2" same like this or back then weredifferent these? i am asking because i am confused about which firmware i need for ODIN, if someone knows please link me.I hate oreo its draining my battery a lot faster.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have updated software 1 night before i updated last security patch which came in on august 1st and it says that the current version is A520FXXSBCSH4/A520FOJVBCSF1/A520FXXSBCSG2 i was trying to find 7.0 Nougat version of some of these firmwares but the only versions i found were Oreo 8.0.When i had 7.0 Nougat installed was this firmware version " A520FXXSBCSH4/A520FOJVBCSF1/A520FXXSBCSG2" same like this or back then weredifferent these? i am asking because i am confused about which firmware i need for ODIN, if someone knows please link me.I hate oreo its draining my battery a lot faster.
Hi, welcome!
Try xda forums or sammobile

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
New OS versions come with a new kernel. It usually takes several days for everything to settle down. I would wait another few days before deciding about the battery life.

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
I dont think i will get used to Oreo, i can no longer remove the "white things" around icons even if there is option to do so it just doesnt work, it used to work on Nougat.Also the battery is very important to me more than new functions.

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
XDA forum looks very confusing, i will try searching on sammobile, just to be clear i have to search for every of these versions A520FXXSBCSH4/A520FOJVBCSF1/A520FXXSBCSG2 or just one of it? This is my first time that im gonna try downgrade a phone so im not very familiar with anything but im a fast learner so i believe i can do it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Restart into recovery and clear the cache, to see if that helps with the battery. (Not the data, only the cache!)

Nougat is around QK7. SH4 is Oreo. SG2 is Oreo. (SF1 is the CSC - the localization for your language, country, etc.) You can find Nougat at http://www.droidthunder.com/update-galaxy-a5-sm-a520f-to-android-7-0-nougat-xxs2bqk7-firmware/, but you'll have to do a factory reset, so be sure to back up EVERYTHING. (See Backing up an Android Device.)

Or, as mustang said, you can try on XDA Forums. (Sammobile only has Oreo.)

Start at https://forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series-2017/development for XDA.

[Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN is full instructions for running Odin to flash a Samsung ROM.

(If you're allowing the battery to drop to below 40% before charging it, you're killing the battery, so don't do that. Go from 40% to about 99% [if the charging chip goes bad the battery can overcharge and that will ruin it.])

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
i would really like to know which Nougat version i exactly had before but i forgot.So it doesnt matter which country it says its from? for example you sent me the India one and here i found the UAE (united emirates) one which is the one my phone currently has on A520FXXSBCSH4 you said SH4 is oreo.So i guess my Nougat version was also United Emirates and i should look for its version?

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
One more question, no matter which Nougat version i install they all work and are the same as was my previous? i mean no difference in speed, battery duration?

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
ah just by seeing how complicating this is and how i can destroy my device makes me not even wanna try to do it.Im gonna try taking my phone to phone service maybe they can do it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you give me time like little later tonight I can look it up for you , your version have to be careful you have unlocked bootloader that will.load anything up lol
ah just by seeing how complicating this is and how i can destroy my device makes me not even wanna try to do it.Im gonna try taking my phone to phone service maybe they can do it.

Decoy021

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
sure take your time, i hope u can help me.Since i updated it i hate it i literally feel truly dissapointed since its my new phone and i was very happy with nougat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance