App locations keep changing fron SD to internal storage?

Mike5plus5

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
My phone is LG X-Charge (m322), OS is Android 7.0.
I've changed the apps that have the option of changing location from internal storage to SD card (128gb) in order to free up space in the internal storage (16gb). But days later I notice these apps location is back to internal storage. Is automatic updates doing this? How can I keep these apps on SD card permanently short of disabling auto updates?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any time an app updates, it's moved back to internal storage (even when manually updated). It's also not a good idea to rely on the SD card for app storage because they are not designed to handle the excessive writing and re-writing of data that happens during app usage. That leads to premature wear on the card, resulting in corruption and data loss. Those cards are best suited for stand alone files like documents and media.

16 GB of storage is not all that much in today's world. If you're having storage issues, your only realistic long term options are to simply uninstall apps and re-install on an as needed basis, or replace the phone with something that has more storage. At the very least, 64 GB or larger would be what to look for. You may get by with 32GB if you're a light user, but even that is considered low by today' standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2